Welcome to the North Central Animal Hospital Kids Fun Page!
At North Central Animal Hospital we treat your pets with the same love and care that you do, but do you know what it means to take care of your pet? Would you like to learn more about your favorite animal? This is the place for you!
Some cool facts about cats!
Did you know:
- Cats can get sick if they eat chocolate?
- A cat uses its whiskers to measure how wide an opening is - that way they can work out if they can fit into spaces.
- Cats use their tail to keep their balance.
- Cats have 32 muscles in each ear so they can listen in all directions.
- Cats sleep for around 14 hours a day!
- Black cats don't really bring bad luck and are kind of cool!
- On average, cats weigh 10 pounds
Want to do some coloring? Connect the dots? Play some other games? Visit this fun games and activities page!
Some cool facts about dogs!
Did you know:
- The tallest dogs are the Great Dane and the Irish Wolfhound?
- Dogs have great 'internal clocks'; they know when it's time for you to arrive home, feed them, or go to bed.
- Dogs have twice as many muscles for moving their ears as people.
- Staring directly into the eyes of strange dog can make them think that you're challenging them and they can react by biting.
- Be careful! Never approach a dog that you don't know. Only ever pet a dog that is with its owner and make sure you ask the owner's permission first.
- A dog's nose is not just used for smelling, but also to keep them cool. That's why a dog pants! The longer the dog's nose, the better its 'cooling system' works.
- Ever wanted to see what the inside of a dog looks like? Check this dog picture out.
- Avoid dog bites! Play this fun game!
What about our non-furry friends?
Some great bird, fish, and reptile cool facts!
If you keep your pet outdoors during the day, make sure they have plenty of shade on a hot day and somewhere warm and secure to go when it's cold. It is also important to make sure they have a source of fresh water that they can't easily tip over while you are not there.
- Fish have been around for more than 450 million years.
- There are over 25,000 different kinds of fish.
- Fish have excellent sense of sight, touch and taste. Many of them also have a good sense of smell and hearing.
- Fish, animals and birds all feel pain and suffer stress - just like humans!
- Goldfish can live up to 40 years!
- Pet turtles can be fun, but can make you sick. Learn more with this pet turtle download.
- Interested in a pet reptile or amphibian? Learn more with this download.
Play a fun game about animal behavior. Play now!
Here are some download for fun activities that you can play at your home: